Let me share the fun and enlightning game the kids and I played at dinner the other night. Dave was working late so he missed this moment of revelation. Somehow we stumbled upon this topic of discussion and I don't even remember how, but the results have been a bit thought provoking. :)
So, the jest of this conversation was describing each person at the table with one word. Jessi was "funky, spunky and fun-loving". Joey was "weird, annoying and spastic". Hannah was "sweet, serious and sweet" again.
These are all fun and we all laughed and talked about one another in a loving way. But, I was very much enlightened by my kid's honest description of me. Joey never hesitated for a second, his word was "predictable". Ouch! Maybe that's what a mom should want to hear, I don't know. Hannah said, "I want to say easy-going, but what does it mean exactly?"
"Well, it means taking things in stride, not getting too ruffled about anything." And, all three of my kids practically in unison said, "Oh no that's not mom." Ugh, again. So, she follows it up with, "Well, maybe intelligent or smart, but I'm not sure." Double, Ugh.
I begin to think, hey I used to think I was a fairly fun, capable person, but now I am down to "predictable", "not easy-going" and not smart.
So, we are left with Jessi's one word description. And, she says, "Triumphant! But, I'm not sure what it means Mom."
That's Ok Jess, I'll take it. :)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Kids.
My words for you?
Friend.
Giving.
Baker!
Pretty.
Listener.
Fabulousshopper.
They'll appreciate you more in about 20 years. :)
Post a Comment