Has anybody watched that show on HGTV? I have a few times. Can't say I like the decorating on the show, but the title seemed to fit our project. We decided it was time to re-purpose the toy room/guest room in the basement. Several reasons have precipitated the timing of this room re-do, not the least of which is the utter annihilation of the bed in there.
It seems our kids, the ones who are responsible for my monthly rants of "we can't have anything nice", have broken the box springs, not once, but twice. And, now can no longer be repaired by my in-house Handy Manny. Those of you who know my handy man are probably in disbelief, but take it from me when he says it's toast, it really and truly is toast. (For those of you who would like to be enlightened on the subject ask me sometime about the stove in our old house with magic-marker numbers on the temp dial and carbon monoxide poisoning fumes. Yeah, it's a good example. :)) So back to the bed.........I am not sure how it broke the first time (no one seems to know......hmmmm) but if you would like to know how it busted the second time check out Joey's facebook. When I was wondering why the bed was broken the night before my sister arrived last month, I did just that, when no one else seemed to know what could have possibly happened. Funny how that happens isn't it? Very incriminating evidence surfaced in a video of Joe and his friend taking turns body slamming a giant stuffed Tele-Tubby named La-La. Poor La-La, and Poor Joey. :( Our guest room no longer has a bed fit for company.
The next reason is one of ongoing frustration to me.............toys. Toys that are no longer played with unless small children visit, which isn't very often. Giant Barbie house, Barbie minivan and convertible, Barbie fairytale coach with a purple unicorn, big tub of Barbies with all the accessories you can imagine (some were even my Barbies). Just a bit of a tangent here...I love Barbies!!! I am not getting rid of the Barbies, Ok, not doing it. They can go in the attic and if the Lord blesses me with grandaughters........we are playing Barbies!!!!! Off tangent, I also have a big tub of Polly Pockets and another tub of Littlest Pet Shop. then there are nerf guns that no longer work and books that are no longer read. But the biggest irritation of all is the dreaded stuffed animals. Ugh!!!! The girls will be forced to dwindle them down. Way down!
The last reason is one of efficiency. Hey, space is a premium in this house with three growing kids and Dave and I are determined to keep evolving the house and it's livable spaces as our needs change. So, here is the plan..............Put in a futon. Works for overnight guests but the kids can curl up in there and do homework or hang out with friends. Put in some of those round padded ottomans/chair/storage bins. Functional in three ways. And, put our exercise equipment in there so it doesn't have to be out in the family TV room of the basement. I guess it will be a guest room/exercise room/kids lounge. Sounds good in theory, right?

I am going to keep you posted on our re-design experience. But, for now here is the BEFORE picture. This was yesterday when it ceased to be the toy room and turned into the storage room before it becomes "guest room, etc." Ick! But you have to have a BEFORE picture to compare. This sounds like the narrative for a show. Maybe I should call HGTV. :)



3 comments:
Very interesting story....I re-read this story to Tyler and he looks guiltier than sin. I said, "Tyler this wouldn't happen to be you?!" He, of course, said, "I told Joey this wasn't a good idea...He made me do it!" Hmmmmm......I hardly doubt that was the case, Tyler. So, I guess I'll be visiting Facebook.
So sorry, Tracey!
Amy-
This is the stuff of memories.:)
I love to think of all the great stories that will get told at graduation parties and weddings. Our kids have a bunch of them and they are going to be great to laugh about.
Besides the bed was living on borrowed time. It had been broken before, so the boys only hurried it along. LOL
Well....you made me feel a little better. Tyler, however, thinks it is really hysterical...which drives me insane! No remorse there! BOYS!!!
Post a Comment