Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Executor of His Will


There has been much talk in my family of wills lately. Since my grandfather's passing this past summer, the topic has been brought to a fever pitch. I didn't realize the settling of a will could be so much work. Nor did I realize the settling of a will could be so overwhelming and at times divisive. It has a way of bringing out the good and the bad, the weak and the strong, the honest and the deceitful.

God has a will also. And, we are the "visible executors" of his will. We are His personal representative to carry out the provisions and tasks associated with it. His will also has a way of showing our true colors. Will we carry it out as He intended, or will we do it our way? If we carry it out as He intends, then we show ourselves good, honest and trustworthy.

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God...." Psalm 143:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO ONE should have to go through the process of settling an estate. I have a great idea....give it all away before you die. Then there will be no arguements. Why didn't someone think of that sooner.
I am a genious!!!!!!!
PP

Anonymous said...

That is a very deep thought Ms. Black!