Saturday, January 17, 2009

A New Day is Dawning

Last night Dave and I were down to one child at home. I have to admit it was a strange feeling because I know it is a precursor of things to come. Joey went to the movies with friends and Hannah was at a slumber party. Just Jessi left at home with us.
Ahhhh.....In some ways it's a nice feeling and in others it's sad. Ok, here I go again with my sentimental stuff. Life is ever changing. The problem is I don't like change too much.
I had great ideas of how Jessi and I were going to watch something on TV together and paint our nails, but she wanted to play in her room by herself. Even the one child left at home is too busy for mom. So, I went downstairs to find my hubby working on his jigsaw puzzle and watching Barrett Jackson car auction on Speed channel. Yuck! I don't like that show. (Remember I told you we don't like the same shows whatsoever.) So, we settled on watching Monk together, a compromise. And, strangely enough I felt old...............:)
I think I am going to ask my sister if I can adopt her 2 1/2 and 5 year old. Maybe that will help.:)

5 comments:

missy said...

what about the dogs? don't they need someone to play with? :) you can borrow mine...she is very needy.

Amy said...

Grant is up for grabs....anytime. He loves dogs, so he will just love yours! I can send him over in less than two minutes. I am sure of it! :)

Michelle said...

This is your sister . . . TAKE THEM . . . TAKE THEM BOTH!! What I would give for a peaceful moment to myself. Just to make you feel better, I spent my day stopping a kick fight, healing a wound caused by a plastic dinosaur, and peeling Nerf gun bullets off the wall. There is more but I guess you get my point and have decided not to adopt my guys. :)

Anonymous said...

ha! Monk is one of the only shows Gabe and I watch together. I am so glad I have finally found your blog. Its so fun to read, Maggie is only two and I am already feeling like I my baby is gone. I can't imagine what you are going through. PS I like the music. I always forget you have music and jump out of my skin when I visit your blog only because my volume is way to loud:)

Anonymous said...

Tracy-
My husband spent several nights watching Barrett Jackson's auction. Maybe next time it's on we can have chick flicks at one house and auto action at the other! Our husbands's sound like they have alot in common. Is your's gearing up driving a NASCAR?

Sam (Jake's Mom)