Alright, we'll start with the good. This week of work is starting out well. No kids in our classroom yesterday or today. Lately, that feels like good news. :) Seriously, I am beginning to feel more "at home" in the position, so that is good. I am really getting to know the kids very well, and that is making my job much easier. Today we had a group activity outside of school with students and parents, and one little guy was wanting me to come with him to play instead of his mom. It was a sign that bonding and familiarity has kicked in and I am glad.
Ok, the bad. The "I got so mad, steam was rolling out of my ears" bad. The kids broke the digital camera on Sunday. I won't go into it, but I am less than happy. Luckily for them their father is not as angry as me, but they will not be allowed to touch the next one without child-like supervision. So, for those of you that have been enjoying Joey's videos online he has so skillfully made with the digital camera......you won't be enjoying them anymore. :( At least not for some time, unless he can figure out how to resurrect the broken one on my counter.
And, last but not least, the funny.........Today we had the Valentine's parties at school, to make up for the missed parties on Friday. In Jessi's class one "fine" young man, decided to show off for his friends and stuff 4 giant sweet-tarts in his mouth and eat them all at once. The giant sweet-tarts are about as big around as a 50 cent piece, at least. They look like a huge alka- seltzer to me. Well, we warned and begged him not to do it, but he was not to be deterred. The next few moments were comical, and ended with him going to the nurses office after losing a tooth. Oops, I hope it was one that was supposed to come out.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So sorry to hear about the camera. I'd be furious too! I have two camera and love them about as much as I love my children...so I can totally understand your loss. If I were to buy another camera...I'd get a Canon Rebel. Boy, they do cool things! I know several scrappers who have one, but they do come with a price tag. And you'd never let your kids touch it...for sure! I'll miss seeing those Joey videos! :)
Post a Comment