Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This 'n That

I am really PMS'ing today.........you know tired, cranky, nothing right in life and you just want the whole world to know. Yeah....Just though I'd share.
On a different note, I read Twilight last week...........in a night. It was that good. I have forbade Amy to give me any of the rest of the series because I'll do the same thing. I can now understand why people are loving it so much. I just had to find out for myself.
I am also still trying to finish the teenage parenting book by Tim Kimmel. Very exceptional read, though not as gripping as Twilight. :) And, I am also in the middle of Adolescence isn't Terminal by Kevin Leman. Can you tell where my focus is? Let's see.... what else am I reading? Hmmm....Answers to Life's Difficult Questions by Rick Warren. ( Sorry Dad, I'll get it back to you very soon, I promise.) And, last but not least I have been reading Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. For those of you that know this book, you're saying why are you reading a book for men. The answer is that I have found a different way of discovering and learning about my husband and son. The author has very unique ideas and thoughts. I know it was written to men, but I have really found his insight to be refreshing for a woman trying to understand the men and boys in her life. I know some people who don't like the book, but I really like it. His wife, by the way, wrote a companion book for women called Captivated, that I read also.
So why do I read 3 or more books at once? I don't really know, except that it has been my habit for a long time. A bad one, I admit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT a Kelly unless you have 2 or 3 books going all at once.
I sat and read "The Shack" in two days, just like Michelle did. That has to be your next book!!
I recommend it highly. And yes, I have two others I am reading now.
Gotta go, my books are calling me......XO Mom

missy said...

tracey, smoking is a bad habit ... reading, no matter how many books at once, is a very good one. ;)

i'm on eclipse. i know what you mean about getting so into the books. i'd like to read the kimmel book. i love anything he writes.

Amy said...

I just read Green Eggs and Ham by Seuss...you might have heard about it?! :) It is a good read! I'd definitely recommend it!