
My sister called me last night to tell me that her plane reservation is booked. Yes! She'll be here June 25th, ready for our trip to Minneapolis. This has been a long time in the making.
I turn 40 this summer, and I have made no secret of what I want for my birthday, a trip to the Mall of America with my mom and sister. Just us girls. I don't want a party....too much attention. (Introverts like me don't thrive on that.) I don't want a big present to open, breakfast in bed, or a fancy dinner. I just want to do something with two of my favorite women in the whole world.
My Mom turns 60 in June, so it will be a combo birthday trip. 40 and 60 the same month. How about that? And since it just wouldn't be right to go without them, Hannah and Jessi are going with us. The men are shuddering to think what kind of money will be spent in a weekend at the largest mall in the world. LOL Don't worry guys, it's not about the stuff, it's about the memories. On the other hand, don't think we'll come home empty handed. You can't go and not buy something. :)
So, my question to blog land is, what are the "can't miss stores" and "can't miss restaurants"? Are there any? I've never been there. I've been to Minneapolis several times for work, but never got over to the mall. If you've been there, send me your advice.
I turn 40 this summer, and I have made no secret of what I want for my birthday, a trip to the Mall of America with my mom and sister. Just us girls. I don't want a party....too much attention. (Introverts like me don't thrive on that.) I don't want a big present to open, breakfast in bed, or a fancy dinner. I just want to do something with two of my favorite women in the whole world.
My Mom turns 60 in June, so it will be a combo birthday trip. 40 and 60 the same month. How about that? And since it just wouldn't be right to go without them, Hannah and Jessi are going with us. The men are shuddering to think what kind of money will be spent in a weekend at the largest mall in the world. LOL Don't worry guys, it's not about the stuff, it's about the memories. On the other hand, don't think we'll come home empty handed. You can't go and not buy something. :)
So, my question to blog land is, what are the "can't miss stores" and "can't miss restaurants"? Are there any? I've never been there. I've been to Minneapolis several times for work, but never got over to the mall. If you've been there, send me your advice.



3 comments:
I have never been there and have no suggestions but want you to know that
I AM JEALOUS!
not of the turning 40 part, just the trip part.
Oh, I'd definitely take a class at their Archiver's there. That would be my dream! I am sure it's enormous! Can you believe that my husband has been there, but I have not? He went while I was at a Stampin' Up! Convention when I was pregnant with Madison. He said it wasn't that great...BUT that's a man talking. I am sure it's awesome! What a fun trip!
Now that the ticket is booked, I am so excited. I'm really going! I'm really going! Just the girls...WooHoo!
Post a Comment