
Today I am officially 40 years old. 40!! How blessed I am to have experienced life for 40 years. Life has many experiences to offer, each one to be embraced and experienced to the full, whether good or bad. Truly, it is through these moments we learn and grow. What have I learned in 40 years? Alot. I am blogging a few of them for ya.
1. First and foremost, God. He is the most important facet of my life, and learning about Him and His saving grace is the most precious gift I have received. Never neglect your quiet time with Him. He is your lifeline.
2. Life will pass you by way too fast if you don't embrace every moment, whether it be good or bad. It's all a part of your life adventure.
3. Having children will humble, exhaust, overwhelm, and in general bring you to your knees, but in return you will feel love as you've never known it and joy that reaches to the heavens.
4. Marriage is one of the most important decisions you will ever make......choose wisely. I am glad I did.
5. Take some time for yourself on a regular basis to recharge. Otherwise people, work and excess activities will drain you to exhaustion.
6. Always be kind and pleasant to others, even if they don't deserve it. And, choose your friends wisely, not everybody is "friend" material.
7. Don't procrastinate. (Still working on this lesson.)
8. Hug your family............ALOT.
9. No matter how much you have, you'll always want more. So, just enjoy and feel blessed for what God has given you, 'cause I've found it's always more than enough.
10. Don't look back at past mistakes and beat yourself up for something you can't change. Always look forward, striving to be the best YOU you can be.



7 comments:
HaPpY 4otH BiRtHdAy!!!!!! Have a great DAY!!!! I think life actually gets easier after 40. :)
I think I may need a kleenex after reading your top 10. Sounds like you learned you lessons well Tracey!
I have so enjoyed your 40 yrs with you. It's been a blast sometimes, painful sometimes, but most of all I would do it all over again!! =]
I love you #1 daughter, Your Mom
Happy Birthday!!! I loved your post--I'm going to print it out for some good reminders on perspective! :-)
Happy Birthday friend! I can't wait to see what your list looks like at 80. :)
Happy Birthday Tracey...Your a special lady and I know that God has many awesome things ahead in year 40. Enjoy your summer with your family and friends. I enjoyed reading your birthday blog :) Debbie
Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I think a laptop was an excellent choice. I often think how nice one would be. I'd probably be on the computer 24/7. :)
Thanks for getting our mail!
happy belated birthday!!! loved your list.
Post a Comment