Friday, July 24, 2009

The Gang...Modified

I have always thought there was something cool and somewhat magical about neighborhood gangs. Now, I don't mean gangs in the sense of nasty youth on drugs shooting each other. I mean neighborhood kids who live by each other, hang out regularly and create all sorts of memories together. I am thinking about one of my favorite movies, The Sandlot. That kind of gang. When we moved to our new house 8 years ago, our kids formed a gang which I like to call the "charter" gang since it has changed and evolved a bit over the years. The gang lost a few of its' charter members two years ago when one family moved away, and it was devastating to each one of the kids.

This leads me up to yesterday. I took this picture of the girls downstairs in front of the computer. I laughed and then felt that warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. The girls were playing Club Penguin with Addison (she is represented by the telephone Madison is holding).
Addison now lives in another state with her family. Addy and her two brothers were "charter members", and sorely missed, but somehow the kids make sure the gang lives on. It just takes on a new look.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Addison was on cloud 9 after that phone call! She told me, "I said Hi to so many people!" :-)

Thanks for the great picture. We miss you all!!!

Amy said...

Ah, that is so sweet! What a great way to keep in touch!