Jessica had an idea to plan and host her own party. I agreed to it, not realizing how seriously and passionately she would go about it. (This last sentence was a polite way of saying, she drove me crazy with the frequent discussions of the details. Now I know what my kids go through when I plan and host a party.)
She meticulously planned every detail. She planned every game, every snack, every prize. She even made her own invitations and hand delivered them, making her own phone calls to confirm attendance. The invitees were all neighborhood friends. I must add one last kudos to her...she was the most frugal planner ever. She spent not even one penny to pull this off. She found items in the house to decorate with, have party favors, and even planned the food using what was already here. It was a big help we found some cookies in the freezer I had intended to take on the Fourth of July and forgot about. Bonus for the frugal host! She did a marvelous job and her party was enjoyed by the three girls who came. Unfortunately, two little girls she invited couldn't come, but at least a few could make it.
I couldn't have been prouder of my little hostess. She is well on her way to being an expert.



2 comments:
Another great party planner in the family! Terrific! She must take after you ... the best hostess I know!
Madison loved it! Madison thought she did a terrific job too. My hats off to Jessi, party hostess extraordinaire!
Post a Comment