Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mama Bear Full Force

Just a little rant from me to anyone who wants to listen. Let me preface this rant by saying that I am not a coddling pushover mom to my kids. I do not baby them or coddle them. I have tried my best to give them the best balance of gentle love and tough love. BUT....yes here comes the BUT. I do not appreciate Joey's football coach and his tactics. If I could, tomorrow I would march down to the school and give him what I call "Mama Bear full force". What is this strange term you ask? It's when someone crosses the line with my kid and I come at them like a mother bear in Yellowstone park defending her cubs. I am one of the most mild mannered and nonconfrontational people that you'll ever meet, but mess with my kids and you'll see a side of me you thought never existed.
This coaching individual who henceforth shall be called Coach Football has been doing his job of making these 9th grade boys into men. No wimping out! Give it your all! And, hey, I am all about that, don't get me wrong. Those boys get yelled everyday and I am sure in alot of ways they need it, including Joey. And, Dave and I stand behind their authority. I won't go into my story, but I was disappointed in what transpired today.
For my son's sake, I will refrain from visiting with Coach Football. Joey wants to handle it on his own, which is good. And besides, Dave would tie me down before allowing me to go visit the guy. You know, "let the boy grow up and be tough." I know, I know. Thank God for Dads.
But, Coach Football better be glad for restraint or he would have experienced Mama Bear. I would have been nice.............really. Well, as nice as an angry Mama Bear can be.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm dying to hear the whole story!

I'm sure you've heard me before rant about what I dislike about Midget Football. I think football coaches are in a different mindset than any other coaches in other sports that I know. They are mean and vicious!

So, now you have me curious!

Mindee said...

Oh Tracey. We need to go have coffee, because I want to hear this one.

Jut wait till he gets injured and they make him "play through the pain." Ugh.

missy said...

i would like to see you in mama bear mode, i'm proud of your restraint.