I have been missing my little beagle so much lately. We love our other dog, Maggie, but there is just a hole in my heart that feels so hollow. So, I have been thinking a lot about getting another dog. I know it is not the right time, but I keep thinking if I could just get another pup, it would fill this hole in my hurting heart.
I obsess over what would be the perfect dog to fit our lifestyle. I took a quiz my mom sent me claiming to pick the perfect dog for you if you just answer a few questions. It came up with this:

A Bichon Frise. Uhhhhhh, I just don't know if this is the right dog for me.
I love these kind of dogs. Super cute!

This is a Lhasa Apso, which could be a good choice, I guess. But, what about these?

I love Basset Hounds! But, I hear they are very stubborn and hard to train. Maybe not a good choice.
As, I mull over all of this, I try to imagine myself with any one of these dogs and when I do, there is not a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I am looking for that one special puppy to take Mikey's place and fill that doggy void. Those of you who knew our beagle first hand are now screaming into your computer, "NOOOOO! Don't even think about going there!" Sorry friends, no matter how hard I try to imagine myself with one of these other fine breeds, I keep coming back to this:
I think it might be a little like giving your heart away, and after that no one else will ever do? Yeah, kinda like that.



4 comments:
I remember that when we were researching dog breeds that it said the Bichons were slow to learn to housebreak.
Um, your read last week that Beagles were found to be one of the dumbest breeds right?
They sure are cute though!
How about you just take my annoying dog who woke me up yesterday morning at 1:30am? He is up for grabs. Then the kids could just visit him at your house. That sounds like a terrific idea!
Get a Beagle!!!!! I miss that bark, it brought the neighborhood to life.
That is so funny that the test gave you and I the same dog as top choice!! But I am not looking to get Joe-kitty a play mate.
love you! Mom
Post a Comment