It is late and I am up washing Joey's football jersey he needs for pictures tomorrow. My mind is full of what needs to be done in the morning to get everyone ready for the first day of school. A mother's job is never done, you know.
As I wait for that jersey to dry, I think about the picture I will take in the morning. I take it every year. You know, the first day of school picture. New clean backpack, strategically chosen outfit, anxious smile.
I have embraced my role as a mother with every fiber of my being, throwing myself into every emotion that goes along with it. So, with the start of a new school year I think about my three great kids and how proud I am to be their mom. I pray they will have a school year that profits them in the ways God sees fit. I cherish the moments I can share and enjoy with them as they grow through their school age years. And, I wipe away a little tear knowing they are growing up way too fast.
This mothering thing is a bit like a runaway train. It rolls along at breathtaking speed and there is no brake, but boy it is a fantastic ride.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
love this post. we are on a blessed, albeit exhausting journey, aren't we?
Ah yes, I remember September 1974, and I had the tear to wipe away. Some women (I believe it was your teacher =D) gave you a command to go sit down, as I brought you in the classroom for the first time. And as you have found out, time marches on way too fast!!
My three grandkids are so awesome, but then you knew that. You and David raised them that way.
XO Mom
I think I'm about to cry...
Post a Comment