We had alot of fun experiencing all of the attractions. We also took in several shows, which were fabulous, and a couple of parades.
Jessi really loved the new Toy Story 3D ride at Hollywood Studios. It was an incredibly long wait. Thank goodness for FastPass.
We all loved the smoked turkey legs. Yum! We would buy two of them and it would be lunch for all five of us.
It's always good to see Dave being himself and hamming it up. This was part of the new Nemo and friends attraction in Epcot.
The kids got a chance to chit-chat with Alice in the Magic Kingdom. The lines to visit a character were always long, so this was rare. We caught her quickly as she was exiting the tea cups at the same time with us.
The best way to see characters is at a character meal. Admittedly, this is expensive, but alot of fun. There are many to choose from. We chose to do the Ohana breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto.
I love the Mickey picture the best. So fun!
We all had our favorite attraction. As I mentioned before, Jessi's was the Toy Story 3D ride. Hannah's was Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom. Joey and Hannah rode it at least 6 times. FastPass and rainy afternoons helped them have the opportunity to make those six rides happen, otherwise the typical wait time was over an hour.
Dave's fave has always been Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom. They re-fashioned the ride to include Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones from the hugely popular Disney pirate movies.
My favorite was a new attraction at Epcot called Soarin'. This was a flight simulator ride that had the very real illusion of hang gliding over breathtaking scenes, complete with the wind blowing through your hair and the smells of pine trees, oranges and ocean air. If I was a billionaire, I would build one for myself. It was truly a fabulous ride and I rode it 3 times. The wait lines were the longest for any attraction at any of the four parks, so I had to really be creative to get my 3 glorious rides and not wait 2 hours each time, but I did it.
Last, but not least was Joey's favorite, Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom. Admittedly, this is a great ride and my second fave. This is not for the faint of heart. I am talking 80 foot drops and hurtling backwards through the dark with unexpected twists and turns, and ending with a 20 foot tall Yeti swiping at your train as he yells at the top of his lungs. Now that is a great ride.
We all love the "World", and are already talking about our next visit. No idea when that will be, but it's fun to talk about.



3 comments:
This makes me very excited to go!
you got some fabulous pictures. i know the rain and lines are a pain, but it looks like you had a blast nonetheless. i love the fun you guys have with each other!
I love hearing about your family history and disney. I am glad we are not the only crazy disney finatics. The whole time we were there we were planning what we would do with Maggs. I am glad you had fun and didn't have to wait in to many lines. The last picture is great!
Post a Comment