Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Love Fall


Without a doubt, fall is my favorite time of year. It has so many wonderful attributes. I love the cooler weather after the hot, humid summer. I love football and big bowls of chili. I love sweatshirts and walks around the neighborhood through the falling leaves. I love to go camping in the fall and sit around the campfire with a dutch oven hanging over the top of the flames, a cherry cobbler bubbling inside. I love getting up on a cool crisp morning to see the first frost on the grass. And, I love getting out my fall decorations to scatter in different places around my house. I love my two little stuffed scarecrows and my assortment of pumpkins. I love my Happy Harvest sign for my front door and my yummy smelling candles.

Is there anything I don't love about fall, you ask? Yes, as a matter of fact there is one. Ragweed. Which is why I love that glorious first frost.
BTW, I put several "September" songs on my playlist. I love music from the 70's and a little Sinatra once in awhile makes me smile. :)

3 comments:

missy said...

you even made camping sound fun to me, which is a big deal. love the september sound track! mums, pumpkins, a light jacket, and pumpkin spice lattes...ahh, fall!

Amy said...

I love Fall too minus the allergies. What a great time of year! My birthday, Halloween, Disney...what more could I ask for?!

Michelle said...

I'm with you, sis. Chili simmering in the crockpot while college football is on tv. Love it!