Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh My...

Ok, so I am in Wal-mart the other day getting a few things and I see a whole bunch of Husker stuff and stopped to look. All at once I hear a man singing, "There is no place like Nebraska....dear old Nebraska U...." I turn around reluctantly since anybody who bursts into song in the middle of Wal-mart has got to be...well.....way too happy, very drunk, or just plain strange. I will add at this point that he was not using his "inside voice", as we say at the elementary school. He was belting it out for anyone within several aisles to hear. So, I turn around and see this gentleman about 50ish and dressed nicely in slacks and suit jacket smiling and strutting alongside all the Husker stuff. He was looking at me and strutting toward me as if he was singing this whole serenade for me or I would have quickly got away. So, not to appear rude I said, "Well, you better start buying some of this stuff." I got no reply, instead I got this, ".....where the girls are the fairest, the boys are the squarest of any old place that you know." More singing! Finally at this point he stops and says, " I just love Nebraska."
Now, people, please tell me..........why do I keep running into "interesting" individuals at Wal-mart? My co-worker told me to watch out for the Mary Kay lady as I left work to head there. She had a feeling she was going to show up to torment me at Wal-mart again. Not this time. I think the Mary Kay lady sent Husker guy to bug me instead. I must have this effect on them.

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is a bit weird! I was thinking you were going to tell me it was Larry the Cable Guy at Walmart singing the song.

Oh, the blog is done by a gal who spends her evening doing blog fronts (designerblog(s).com. I paid her $30 for doing it. I told her exactly what I wanted and that's exactly what I got. Andy thought I was nuts for doing it, but I liked the outcome.

missy said...

i love that guy. i hope i run into him sometime. i can totally picture my husband doing that if we were together.

Mindee said...

Wal-Mart Is Weird.

That should be their slogan.

Michelle said...

BAHAHAHA!!! I love your stories!

Anonymous said...

Tracey...That is a very funny story. You make me smile and laugh. I think someone should make you a shirt for when you go to Walmart...I'll be thinkin on that:)Debbie

Madi's Horse Stall said...

I think maybe Mary Kay lady and Husker Guy are married!