When Hannah was in kindergarten, I threw her name in a drawing for tickets to see Sesame Street Live. It was a city wide contest that thousands entered. I put her name in on a whim, which is very unusual for me. I never enter things like that, but lo and behold....she won. She not only won tickets for the 5 of us, but tickets for her whole knidergarten class! It was amazing. This girl has a lucky streak when it comes to contests.
So, I shouldn't have been surprised to find a message from a local radio station on our answering machine yesterday. She had asked us if she could enter a radio contest to win tickets to see Justin Bieber. We told her she could and then argued over who would have to take her if she won. Neither one of us wanted to experience that. Jonas, yes...Bieber, no way. Well, evidently she entered that contest and on a whim also entered for tickets to see Pure NRG in concert. She had no real interest, but knew that Jessi did, so she did it for her.
Well, when I picked her up from school yesterday and told her the radio station called, her eyes got as big as saucers, and she exclaimed in true 13 year old fashion, " Justin Bieber!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
Sorry honey, not this time but, Jessi will be extremely happy! And Dave and I are breathing a sigh of relief. I think we can handle Pure NRG, just....not....Justin.....Bieber.



4 comments:
Congrats to Hannah! Tyler said she won some tickets to something, but he couldn't remember what.
what a great sister!!! I am so proud of you Hannah for thinking of Jessi!
XO Gram
PS Did I tell you I'd love to hear
Josh Groban in concert...just a thought.
Awwww . . .that's sweet. I'm so, so glad that you don't have to see Justin Bieber!
Tell her if she wins some Tom Petty tix, I'll buy them from her. :)
and here i am PRAYING we win justin bieber tickets b/c i'm not paying $50 for them despite how that little justin, with his shaggy hair and cute voice, has squirmed his way into my heart.
Post a Comment