Ok, the truth is alot of people told me, I just had to begin to experience it myself to believe it. What is this bit of wisdom? The fact that teenagers are alot of exasperating work. Yes, they may be self sufficient in alot of ways, but they're more trouble than a colicky baby sometimes.
I love my teenagers. They are so fun to have around. They're good workers when they want to be. Funny comedians when they get going. Caring and interested in what is going on with Dave and I, whatever that may be at the time. Good traits, right?
But the flip side of the coin is where the exasperating part comes in. There is never a down moment. There is emotion, drama, mouthiness, complaining, criticism of parenting decisions, sloppy upkeep of whatever room they inhabit for more than 20 minutes, and a continuing barrage of material "needs". Now, let me say that I put up a good healthy fight against each one of these issues, but it never ceases to drain and wear on you.
Parenting is tough. Tougher than I ever realized. The hardest thing I have ever done. Each stage of the parenting process has its challenges. But, the teenager thing is....well...its own unique entity. It is certainly not for amateurs. That is why we start with cute cuddly babies, so that when they turn into teenagers we look back and remember why we love them. LOL Just joking kids.....you know I love you...even though you're a teenager. :)
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good thing I never told you the bad parts of parenting!! I might never have grandkids=))
PS Do Not tell your sister what's to come, could be tragic with two boys-LOL
When you get this figured out...let me know. I just keep screwing it up. I thank God that some how my teenagers learned grace and are more than willing to share it with me!
Post a Comment