
I copied this title from a blog friend and fellow beagle lover. I hope she won't mind. In fact, I could have titled this post a number of things, such as "It Takes a Bushel of Patience", "Why Beagles aren't for Everyone", or "Why God Made Beagles Cute, (because if they weren't nobody would own one)".
Dash is by far the most "patience trying" puppy we have ever raised. As you examine the pictures to follow you will wonder, "Hmmm, do these people even try to play or exercise this pup? Do they keep an eye on him? Are they even trying? Obviously, he needs chew toys, attention, walks, etc."
The answer to all of these questions is YES! He gets exercise daily, multiple times and in multiple ways. He also has chew toys and supervision. But there are those occasional moments when disaster strikes.
So, may I present to you, my blogger audience, what happens when.....You turn your back on a beagle:
If you turn your back on a beagle, he will pull anything off the table that might have been left to close to the edge.

It could be anything, including DS games.

Cute little scarecrows will lose their stuffing...
Brand new mouth guards from the dentist will be found in multiple pieces on the floor. After which you might hear me "reminding" Joey LOUDLY that he forgot to put it in the case. Ahhhhh! I hadn't even received the bill yet, and I was calling to replace it.
Yes, my friends, this is what happens when you turn your back on a beagle. And that's not all.

After that you might find your bra on the floor chewed in half. How are you gonna fix THAT? And more importantly...How did he get a hold of that?

"Really, it's not me. Nope, not me. Is there another puppy around here to blame?"
And, there are many more things which we have no pictures for, but the memories remain and the lessons are learned.....the hard way.
And then the moments happen to redeem your poor little beagle.

He gently and quietly curls up next to you...
as if to say, "I am sooo sorry. I just can't help myself. I am an ornery little beagle after all."
6 comments:
I loved the poo in the shoe from a past blog of yours. Was that Dash or Mikey who did that? I still smile just thinking about it!
What would we do without a dog??? Hmmm....
Tracy this post has me cracking up out loud!! Will we ever learn??
Darn those cute, lovable, naughty little Beagles!!
what a fun post! i can't get over the bra!!!
I'm going to bookmark this for the next time I'm having a puppy yearning!
And NO I will not puppy-sit!!!!
Sorry Dash:(
If you need some respite, let me know. My dogs could teach Dash a few new tricks. They may not be "better" but they'll be different. Hang in there. ;-)
Post a Comment