Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Chatter

Well, it's almost here.

Less than a week away from the Christmas festivities. My focus is on everything but what it should be. I am truly discombobulated (like my big big word?) this Christmas season. Sigh. What's a girl to do? I mean there is a certain amount of stuff that HAS to get done, right? And that's what seems to be getting in the way this year...well... and maybe if I was to be honest, I would say my attitude isn't helping matters either.

Next year I'm doing things different. Not sure what...but I am going to do things different. I'll let you know. But for now it's going to be business as usual. Got my baking finished today. Got some goodie trays ready. Not as many as usual, but I do feel so happy to check that off the list.

This is for one of Jessi's teachers. I love plates of Christmas treats. They just make me happy...especially when they are all done and ready to distribute. The down side to pretty Christmas plates is this....

And that's just one of the counters.

Yeah...

And it's still there, as I take a break to blog...and eat guacamole with tortilla chips. Don't ask me why, it just seemed like a good thing to do.

This is another part of our Sunday. Dog sitting Sylvie. She is a beagle mix with a very different personality than Dash. They found a way to get along though, which is good. I do have a hunch she will be sleeping for two straight days when she goes home. The two beagles have been running around ALL DAY LONG. I think they both enjoyed having a doggy friend to play with.

Well dear friends, I must sign off. I can't put the kitchen mess off any longer. I was hoping it would magically clean itself while I typed, but....wait let me look....nope...it's still there. :(

3 comments:

Saimi said...

Too bad there aren't kitchen elves to clean up after all the baking!!

That Sylvie is a cutie pie!!

Love you falling snowflakes, very festive!!

Merry Christmas!

Peggi said...

What could be better for Dash for Christmas.....a girl friend!!!:)

Amy said...

Was Dash as tired tonight? Maybe only Sylvie can make him that tired? They do make a cute couple!