It's Wednesday night and I am alone with my thoughts....well except for the dog. He is huddled up as close as he can possibly get to me. I like him best when he is like this. Quiet, calm, asleep. I'm sorry, but pups are so HARD! It's just best when they are asleep.
So, it's quiet and I'm thinking. I don't get very much peace and quiet anymore...just to think. Life rolls by at breakneck speed. Very often I go from thing to thing, and task to task, obligation to obligation, parenting moment to parenting moment. And I wonder at the end of every day where the time went. Did I get as much done as I could have? Did I prioritize correctly? Am I focusing on what's of lasting importance? Or did I waste alot of time on trivial stuff?
Sigh.
Right now my kitchen sits with a counterful of dirty dishes. My laundry room is stuffed to the gills with dirty laundry and ironing. My floors need scrubbed and my carpet needs vacuumed. And to top it all off, I have a living room full of boxes of Christmas decorations that need to be distributed cheerfully around my house.
Sigh again.
I have three books I am currently reading, that need finishing so I can return them to the library. And, 9 hours worth of the Dog Whisperer DVR'ed to motivate me to whip my puppy into an obedient state.
Oh, and I simply can't put off any longer getting a shovel from the shed to clean out the girls' bedroom. Yeah...it's THAT bad. "It won't get done without me" kind of dirty. Why I allow them to let it deteriorate to this point is a question for the ages.
I have Fall decorations still on my porch and a rotten pumpkin in front of the house. It used to be decorative and festive, now it's just slumped over announcing to the neighborhood,"Hey look at me, I'm decaying from the inside out."
Big Sigh.
So, you tell me...how do I prioritize all of THAT?
No, just forget it. I have a better idea...
Procrastinate just a bit longer. MmmHmm. That's what I'M talking about.
TV remote....here I come.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Love the facelift of your blog. So festive!
Thanks again for getting the girls after school. It was a wild day shopping, dr. appt. and seeing the tattoo place. Crazy combination!
BTW, I like how you are just enjoying the moment! Why worry about those darn dishes. There's just more to come!! :(
good plan.
And that right there is why we are friends. :)
Oh how I remember the days of "kids in the home and the house is a wreck"!
thanks for the memories honey!!
Love, love, love the new look!
XO
Post a Comment