Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blog Thoughts

I am on the hunt.
I have been for some time now.
What could it be, you ask?
I am on the hunt for small time blogs. Blogs like mine. The kind where I find family pictures and normal life stories. The kind that don't have 2000 plus followers with giveaways and advertisements galore. I can turn on the TV if I want that.
Now, before I completely offend anyone that has a blog like that or aspires to it, let me just say that I do read a few of those kind of blogs. I enjoy them sometimes and get some great cooking, crafting or decorating ideas.
But I do love an underdog blogger. The fly under the radar kind of blogger. The kind who just has a life journey to share. I have a number of those on my Blog List and they are my faves. Mindee, Missy, Karen, Mikaela, Saimi, Amy and Sherry. (Anne, I am waiting for the next chapter on that book.)
And while I'm at it. I would also like to find a blogger who blogs about parenting teenagers. I find alot of blogs from moms of toddlers and babies. Does anyone blog about teenagers?
I have talked to a number of women my age that say they would like to start a blog but have nothing to say.
To that I say, "Phooey."
Everyone has something to say. Just start typing.
And, then you could be that "normal" style blogger that I can add to my Blog List.

3 comments:

Saimi said...

Thank you Tracy! What a nice compliment and I must say I agree with you. I too like the small family way of blogging, it's so much more personal and you get a real feel for those you follow.

I might have the blog for you called; http://www.parentingconfessions.com/

She always has great advice, check her out and see if it's what your looking for.

A.H. said...

Hey Tracey, I'm still working on that book just not my blog. lol Instead I've been blogging on http://thewritersvibe.blogspot.com with my fellow writing group members.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

I'd love to blog more about my teenager but I'd need to start another blog to do it. :)