Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dave...and Dash

Today is my man's birthday.  And....
It also happens to be the dog's birthday.  And...
Dash is 1 year old today, so it's kind of a big deal in our family. 
Well, it's a big deal to the kids.
Ok, really it's a big deal to me.  There I admitted it.  I can't help it, I love my dog.
We have always celebrated our dog's birthdays.  We sing Happy Birthday and buy them a bag of  their favorite treats.  Special treats, the kind you only buy at Christmas and birthdays. 
So the tradition carries on with Dash, and since it's his 1st birthday, well it's extra special.


Dave was well aware of this conflict when we were looking at puppies.  The fact that this pup was born on his birthday did not deter him.  Dave picked him out, so I blame him that he has to share his birthday with the dog.

  

Which brings us to today.  April 2nd.  Two birthdays.
I am buying birthday hats, making double layer chocolate cake (Dave's fave), and last but not least I am buying a special bag of doggie treats. 
So Happy Birthday Dave...and Dash.

7 comments:

missy said...

happy birthday to your man...and man's best friend.

Saimi said...

Oh my gosh Dash's puppy pictures are so stinking adorable!!! It's no wonder we love our Beagles!!

Happy Birthday Dash!! Make sure you give your dad a big wet lick cause it's his birthday too!!

Have fun birthday boys!!!

tammy said...

I love that they share a birthday!

Karen said...

Awww, Happy, Happy Birthdays David and Dash. Enjoy!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Obviously Dave and Dash were meant to be together. Happy Birthday to both!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awwwwwwwwww, adorable puppy! Happy birthday to both of them.

Patty H. said...

Your dog is just adorable! I love Beagles, with those big brown eyes, and soft velvety ears! I have one beagle, but seeing the puppy pictures makes me want more!