Friday, September 9, 2011

Hang-Ups

I have a few hang-ups.  Just things that really....get to me.  I know you have some too. 
Thought I would share a few of mine...you know kind of as a series on my blog. 
Does anyone really care what bugs me?  Probably not, but I feel like sharing...maybe it's a little more like venting.
Toward the top of my list is teenage drivers.
Specifically, teenage drivers in the high school parking lot.  Ugh! 
Now, I know I was once one of them, and I also know I have one of them...soon to be two of them.  So, I will narrow it down a bit more to bad and careless teenage drivers in the high school parking lot. 
Is there any other kind, you ask?
Yes, indeed there are. 
All teenage drivers are inexperienced. I don't mind that because there are many inexperienced, yet careful and conscientious teenage drivers. However, when they slide down into the bad and careless category...well...that's when I have a real problem.
I had some minor altercations with a few of them last year, and yesterday marked the first one of this school year.
Now when I say altercation, I mean helping them to understand in the clearest possible way that their driving style is completely rude, careless, and illegal.  Where is a cop when you need one?
I convey this to them in various mature, adult-like ways, such as yelling at them from inside my car (they do their best to read my lips), rolling down my window to verbally "ask them to choose a different manner of driving", and arm waving (said arm waving is NOT a middle finger wave...just so you know), which is really effective body language from inside the car.
All of these forms of communication are really trying to say one thing...
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING????"
Unfortunately, my "help" is not always well received. 
But, somehow I always feel better after the fact. 
"Yeah, that's right!  Don't think about doing that again....you might not be so lucky next time!!"
And then I drive away in my big, bad green mini-van.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Loving the last line of the post!! Can't stop laughing...imagining you with all your arm waving and scolding...all while driving a mini-van. Bahahaha!

Peggi said...

You need to ask said "teen driver" in your house how many arm waves he/she has had. Too funny Tracey!!
XO