Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy 17th Birthday Joey


Joey,
I always get so sentimental on your birthday. 
Of course, today is no different.  Today my first born turns 17 years old.  Where does the time go?
I remember, in detail, the day you were born.


I truly thought you were the most beautiful little baby I had ever laid eyes on....and of course you were.  Well, that is until your sisters were born.  Then you had a little run for your money. :)


Your dad looks like he wasn't old enough to be a father.  He was 26, but looks about 18 in that picture. :)  He was so nervous that night, but after you were born, he really was a natural.  Fatherhood suited him well.  Saturdays were your days together.  I worked every Saturday, and he loved the time the two of you had together. 


And, then right before our eyes you started growing like crazy.
 
Time rolled by so quickly, and we were celebrating your 1st birthday. 
And, then we blinked and you started Kindergarten.

You were the cutest kid in your class...by far.  And, I am not even a tiny bit biased.  Really. :)


I wish I could have somehow slowed the process up a bit, but that's not how life works.  You kept growing and changing.


More birthdays passed...


And, you stopped looking like a little boy, and much more like a young man.
 But, you've never lost that electric smile that lights up my whole day...every time.  You have brought a joy to dad and I that only you could have given. 
Happy 17th Birthday Joseph!


With Much Love,
Your insanely sentimental Mom

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How can it be possible that Joey is 17?? The pictures show how an adorable little boy has turned into a handsome young man. Wonder what God has in store for the next 17 years of his life?

Peggi said...

You are so special Joey!!
XO Happy Birthday to my favorite first grandson!

mindyjw said...

As soon as I saw it was Joey's birthday on facebook, I couldn't wait to see your birthday blog! You are such a great mom, Tracey, and Happy Birthday to Joey! : )

Mindee said...

I more year till you have a legal adult. Crazy!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Joey! Love those darling pictures.