Well, another year, another Halloween. Anyone who knows me very well at all probably knows I do not embrace Halloween in any way. I tolerate it for the sake of my kids who LOVE the candy and costumes. I hold to the old fashioned rules that were applied to me and my sibs which was.......1)Thou costume shalt not consist of anything purchased at any department store or discount outlet. ( Translation.....No way I am spending any money on a costume, so get creative.) 2)Thou shalt not even think thou wilt get to eat all of the candy thou hast worked so hard to obtain by trudging through the neighborhood and knocking on every door with that friendly welcoming "Got candy stop here" light on. ( Translation..........Too much sugar is bad for you so you better let Dad and I "help" you with it.) Doesn't sound good does it? Well, it definitely put a damper on it. :) I am laughing now, but seriously, Halloween is alot different now than when I was a kid. Nevertheless, Jessi went out (Joey and Hannah are getting too old to trick or treat. They just passed out candy.) with her good friend Madison aka Cruella De Ville. Madison's mom is not a "Halloween scrooge" like myself, thus she always has the absolute cutest costumes. Jessi was Hannah Montana and was super cute. I've included a picture of them along with Jordan aka pirate girl. They had fun and got more than enough candy for Dave and I to invoke old fashioned rule #2. :)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so glad you posted picks. I missed Halloween. I was delivering 80 bags of mail to the post office in Omaha Halloween night.
Awesome blog!
anne
I love the picture.....I really will need to get a copy of this. I didn't take good pictures at all....should have taken more! Oh, well!
Nice blog too!
Amy
I'm really stoked to see what you can do with your little space on the internet, Tracey! Keep up the good work and I'll keep stopping by :)
--Brett
Post a Comment