Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
I thought I would share my favorite 3 Thanksgiving traditions. They are in no particular order of importance just several things that make me smile and thankful.
1)Watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. I unashamedly admit I LOVE cartoons, especially holiday themed ones. They just make me happy inside. :) My poor children must watch them with me, and are now to the age where they are merely humoring me. They can't hide the fact that they would rather be doing something else, but they do it anyway. Thanks guys, you know I love you for spending time with me. And, guess what?! It's almost the 25 days of Christmas on the Family channel. You know what that means!!!
2)Our Thanksgiving service at church. This service is always the night before Thanksgiving, and is such a blessed time for our family. We have a casual service with no message, just a time for people to share publicly from the podium what God is doing in their life presently and what they are thankful for. After this we have communion in an unconventional way. We take turns as families or small groups and gather round one of the many tables at the front of the sanctuary and break bread in a more intimate setting. Dave passes out the juice and unleavened bread and prays for us. We then all leave quietly and thankfully. I love it.
3)Family and Friends. It just wouldn't be the same unless we could share a meal on Thanksgiving day with others. This year we will be eating dinner with Dave's family, and stop by later to see my family. My sister and her family will not be with us for Thanksgiving this year. We miss them, but look forward to seeing them next month.
I pray God's abundant blessings upon you and yours. Have a great weekend.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, I so love the Charlie Brown holiday cartoons too. A tradition at our house also!
Amy
Tracey, when you and Michelle moved out I was done with the seasonal cartoon. And no I do not miss them.
XO Mom
Post a Comment