Friday, November 14, 2008

The Jessi Files




Periodically through the school year Campbell Elementary has Red Ribbon days where the kids can dress up in the chosen theme. It is a fun way to remind them of the pledge they have made to stay drug and alcohol free. In the fall they have a Red Ribbon week with fun activities and if they wear their red ribbons into HyVee they can get free pizza slices and pop. (HyVee is soooo generous to Campbell.) So, today is a Red Ribbon day themed:


Team Up Against Drugs (Wear your favorite team jersey to school)


Here is Jessi and Madison (her good friend across the street, remember Cruella DeVille?). Madison in her Husker gear and Jessi in her cheer "jersey". I tried to get her to wear Joey's Husker jersey, but she was not about that idea at all. We were going for the girly thing.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

After looking at these pictures, I am wondering why my daughter always has her mouth open in pictures. Must be her enthusiasm. As my Mom says,"It's a Jessi thing."
Commenting on my own blog?!?! Am I crazy?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering more about the finger she's holding up behind Madison's head. Exactly which finger is that ???? And I was laughing as I wondered!

Tracey said...

I actually wondered the same thing. I decided it was the old "bunny ears" thing, but her pointer finger is hiding behind her head. :)

missy said...

how is it that i am just now finding your blog! so fun to be in touch this way since we don't get to see each other very much anymore. jessi is such a cutie. she has changed SO much! i'll look forward to catching up on your fam as i read older posts!

Amy said...

Very cute pics of the two girls! It was a fun day at school with the team jersey theme!