Thursday, November 6, 2008

MMMMM.....Pumpkin Bread

Yesterday I made my first batch of pumpkin bread for the fall season. Wow! I wish I didn't!

It is sooooo good that I end up eating waaaaaaay too much of it. I made some to take to the teacher's lounge at Campbell for treats for them during conferences. ( Mindee, I know you said cookies, but I couldn't resist.)

Anyhow, the bummer thing about it is, I took some to my bible study class last night and we ate some at dinner too, so.............................now I have to make another batch. More extra pounds. :)



Here's the recipe:



Pumpkin Bread



5 eggs

1 1/4 cups vegetable oil

1 can (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin

2 cups all- purpose flour

2 cups sugar ( Note: I cut back on the sugar amount and it turns out fine.)

2 pkgs. (3 oz.) cook-and -serve vanilla pudding mix

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt



In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil and pumpkin; beat until smooth. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Pour batter into greased mini loaf pan. This recipe will make 5 miniature loaves. Bake at 325* for 50-55 minutes.

I like to make this into mini loaves to give away with a pretty ribbon tied around it.

But, I have also made this into muffins which works great too. You just have to cut down on the baking time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm sorry we had to miss your pumpkin bread at school, but let me tell you that the shortbread you brought instead was a big hit. Mrs. M asked if I made it and I wanted to lie, but was a good girl and told them it was you.

Anonymous said...

You have a cool blog and it is very color coordinated well that's about it bye bye. :)

(This was from Michelle):):p ;):s :> :/ bye bye (again!:)