Today I started my Christmas baking and as is my tradition, however unwanted, the batch didn't turn out the way I hoped. Ugh! I hate this, but every year I have at least one batch not go my way. This is probably due to the fact that I think I must try something new. Forget the old tried and true, and go out on a limb. That is my motto when it comes to baking. I have in my mind the quest to make a new discovery for my taste testers. But, my overzealousness gets the best of me.
So, having said all that I would like to say the batch today was a new recipe, but it wasn't. It was a batch of spritz cookies. I have a love/hate relationship with these blasted cookies. I LOVE the dough and eat a good portion of it (cringe), but I can't seem to get them to come out of my cookie press right. So, the family gets the batch.
The funny thing is in the midst of getting angry with the cookie dough and press, I came up with a new idea for a cookie. So, maybe some good will come out of it after all.
I'll let you know..........:)



2 comments:
Tracey---
If you'd like, you can borrow my Pampered Chef spritz cookie press. It works pretty slick!
Mmmmm, cookies. My favorite!
--Your Favorite Brother
Post a Comment