This post is dedicated to my one and only favorite sis in the whole wide world. She is one in a million and more. I can't even begin to number the times she has listened to me ramble on and on over the phone. And, I won't even mention the stupid nick-name we have for one another. She has been there for all my life milestones, even if she couldn't be there physically, she was there in heart. When Joey was born she drove over 3 hours to get to me. Never mind she had classes or that she didn't have a reliable car, she was the first one through the hospital doors telling me how disgusting the hospital food looked and she was leaving to get me some real food. I'll never forget that.
We sit and laugh about the same stories over and over. How many times can you laugh about what stupid things we did to our pets? The firecracker dog show and smoke bomb cat show, building sand castles for toads, the "marriage stump" where we performed a wedding ceremony for our two dogs, and dressing up our cats in doll clothes in the middle of a sweltering hot summer day (those cats hated to see us coming). Oh and driving the VW to school everday and parking it down the street because we were embarrassed. But, sometimes we share parenting encouragement or just a shoulder. It doesn't seem to matter, we could talk for hours or just until her two little boys start to throw potatoes all over the kitchen and she has to go. You just have to love that story. :)
One of our favorite traditions has to do with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. We have always loved that show. Years ago she bought me a whole ornament set with all the characters, so cool. And, every year when it comes on we call on the phone to remind the other one it's on. I know it's strange, but I love to hear her say, "I know we're not together, but I'll be watching it with you."
Thanks for the memories, Michelle.



3 comments:
thanks for the laugh!! And no I didn't know you parked up the street with the VW.
Mom of two weird girls
Great. Now I'm crying. More of a laughing crying really. To be honest, my face is all red and puffy, not pretty!
You are the best big sis I could ask for!
Hi Tracey! I am surfing over to check out your blog! I love the entries interviewing the family, I may have to steal that idea! It was great to see you again. See you at dance!
Post a Comment