Yesterday, I had a great conversation with myself. It went something like this:
"Self, you just aren't spending enough time on the computer. I mean the daily blog entries are fun, but you NEED to spend a bit more time in front of the computer screen."
"You're right. What do you suggest?"
"How about a Facebook? Tons of people you know are doing it, and having fun. Plus your son is now whittling away his time there. Go and see what it's all about."
And, so off I went on this new venture, and whoa.............I will liken this initial experience to a landslide. I discovered that my church is a literal Facebook frenzy. After 14 hours, I have 21 friends and 12 more emails in my inbox for requests. This may seem meager to some of you out there, but to a quiet housewife like me, I am blown away. :)
Crazy note: My son deems his father an exceptable friend, but I am not. He has his aunt and even one of MY friends on his facebook, but I am the uncoolest of the uncool. Teenagers have a way of humbling you. But, I am getting off on a tangent here. I will address the "teenager"syndrome in a later post.
(Disclaimer: This post is not meant to make fun of anyone with a Facebook account. It is only meant to poke fun at myself because, to be very very frank, I have become the queen of the computer screen. And since I have no job with a paycheck, I have become quite proficient at it. LOL)
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hi Tracey--
I am guessing I am the friend of yours that's Joey's friend?! Maybe not! LOL But I must tell you I had to become Joey's friend (not that I am not his friend...maybe more like his morning driver) because I needed to watch those crazy home videos he posted with Tyler. Those boys have done the nuttiest things! I said to Tyler, "What else will you come up with?" I hope it's not too outlandish!
Actually, he has two of my friends on his facebook. Yeah, you're one of them. So, consider yourself in the coolness mode.:)
You know, there's a part time (mornings) para position opening here working with the pre-schoolers. You should join us!
Post a Comment