Friday, January 9, 2009

Gator Pride


No, this is not about the game last night! I don't have THAT kind of Gator pride. No, I am talking about North Star Gator pride.

Last night Dave and I accompanied Joey to his first exposure to high school. For me it was terrifying and exciting at the same time. Terrifying to think in the fall I will have a high school student, and exciting to think of all the unique opportunities Joey will have.

It was an introductory meeting for parents and students with many little activities and a chance to tour the facilities. This left me with a much better feeling than my introductory meeting to Goodrich. Which, unfortunately for some of you, had to hear my fit about that experience. I don't want to go there today. :)

No, this was a night with so many mixed emotions that I feel a bit overwhelmed today. We met the football coach and soccer coach. We witnessed some kids so "goth" that my small town roots had my jaw dropping. EWWWW! Shudder! I thought Dave and I had our own teenage independence issues to deal with. No, we got nothing compared to that. Thankfully those kids are in the minority.

But the thing that made me squirm in my seat most of all was when the principal told us with a smile on her face the graduation date for Joey. June 2, 2013.

June 2, 2013??????

Wait that's not too far away!!! I am not ready for that!!!

It hit way too close to home. So, for those of you family members that like to plan ahead, put that on your calendar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey! Joe can always go to Lincoln High with Zach. Can you say car pool???
Julie

missy said...

high school...wow! i'm having trouble swallowing middle school for next year.