My friend and neighbor, Amy and I have a great carpool arrangement. (Well, at least in my mind we do.) We were able to continue this carpool even with my new job because she already works at the school. Granted, we had to make a few adjustments. Our old routine had her taking the middle school kids, and me taking Jessi and Maddy in the morning. So, in order to accommodate my 8 am start time, we flip-flopped.
The last two days have been a very different scene in my van than usual. The three middle schoolers are like transporting statues. Jessi and Maddy are the chit-chattiest girls, even first thing in the morning. Their lively conversation is truly a thing to listen to. Sometimes what comes out of their mouths is the stuff that makes mothers cringe. I am talking about the brutal honesty of a child when it comes to family matters. Amy and I have had many, many good laughs over these stories. We now have one more she shared with me last night.
Amy is used to the statues and now she has the two girls. So, Jessi starts the week off with a wonderfully "complimentary" assessment of my skills with children. It started off good, and went downhill from there. It went something like this:
Jessi: "My mom is really good at working with little kids..........she's not so good working with
older kids."
Maddy: "Yeah, I can see that." (I am still contemplating this response. Hmmm)
(At this point, Amy decides to step in to defend me.)
Amy: "Oh, she does great working with all ages of kids."
(Get ready, here is the cringe part.)
Jessi: "No, 'cause you should see her working with Joey."
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Don't you just love kids?? SHEESH! But I am sure that mine have divulged far worse than that to unsuspecting adults.
I totally agree on the carpool part too! You did a great job with the quotes...you got it down exactly!
Kids are truly the funniest! Why else would I work with twenty-one 5 & 6 yr. olds?!
Post a Comment