
Last night there were two young boys in my house. One who is 2, the other 14. The 2 year old made me long for the days of old. I really miss the days when my kids were small. I know it was alot of work, and tested my patience most every day, but they were so sweet.
Cal (2 yr. old) and I sat on the couch and watched Max and Ruby while reading a book. He is a little dolly with red hair and a mischievous grin. He likes to play cars, so we dug out Joey's old matchbox cars. I had fun. :)
Switch scenes. Joey and I decided we wanted something sweet last night, so we decided to make a batch of cookies together. Things were going well, until the part where we roll up little balls of dough and put them on the cookie sheet. That's when I heard a funny smacking sound accompanied by an ornery laugh. I turn to see a ball of snickerdoodle cookie dough stuck to the side of my kitchen cupboard, and a big 14 year old grin. And, I couldn't help but think, underneath all that tough teenage exterior there is still a little boy in there. And, I love it.



4 comments:
Yes, I sometimes long for the days of young children. then I get mind cleared and realize I was mistaken!! LOL
Love you Joe, Gram
I miss Max and Ruby. It was so much more enjoyable than Sponge Bob and Hannah Montana.
That smile of Joey is sooo him! It doesn't look much different today except probably more teeth! Cute!
that's so funny about the cookie dough. we heart danny gokey too! about get smart. we own it and watch it over and over. you can totally borrow it. i'd preview it first before you let the kids watch it. we have let tate watch it, but probably because i loved it so that i forgot the inappropriate things. he is the kind of kid who can sift through stuff though. do you ever read pluggedinonline.com? it's very helpful.
Post a Comment