Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thanks for Reading

Last night I was having dinner with some girls from my neighborhood. We get together once a month for some friendly chatter. I can't always make it, but enjoy the times I can.
The subject of blogs came up. Several of us in the group have a blog, and enjoy posting on it. Others felt they didn't have time for one or wouldn't know what to put on it if they had one. There are many reasons for starting one. My friend Anne started one for the express purpose of writing a novel. Missy started one to chronicle their adoption process. I think Amy started one to continue her scrapbooking obsession on the internet. :) Kidding, Amy, I just had to get that in there.
Ok, so the big question here is........why did I start one? My reason is varied. I am not very good at scrapbooking or remembering to take pictures. Blogging makes me think about taking pictures at various times and then I can share them with family members we don't see very often. It helps them keep up with our daily lives and share in it even though they don't live close.
I also love to write and express myself. Journaling has been an outlet for me, and so this is just like that, only public.
I have been absolutely amazed at the number of people who tell me they read my blog regularly. Who knew I would have anything interesting enough to say?
This blog has been a great way for me to process life. It's ups and downs, sorrows and joys, mistakes and embarrassments. And, then share it with others who come alongside you and send you a little note just to say, hey I read that and I can identify.
Thanks blog land, I'm glad you're reading.

2 comments:

missy said...

you're welcome. :)

that neighborhood outing sounds really cool.

how is work going?

Amy said...

You are correct....scrapbooking obsession! Yup!