Friday, February 27, 2009

Tween Heart-Throbs

Tomorrow I have tickets to take my girls to see the Jonas Brothers 3D at the theater. They are really excited!! Hannah is on the verge of obsession with these three brothers. She likes Joe the best, but would trade anything in her possession to meet any of them. Ahhhh, to be 12 again.
This very image is on Hannah and Jessi's wall, along with countless more displaying the same three young men. I remember those days of being a tween, except then we weren't called tweens. I don't know what we were called. It was the 70's afterall. So, for the amusement of my sister I am posting a couple of pictures of who we thought were the greatest when we were tweens.
We each had our favorite. Derrick, Woody, Les, Eric.........I can still hear them singing, "I Only Want to Be with You", and "Rock 'n Roll Love Letter." If I could find the album cover I know it would have lip gloss stains all over it from the roll on gloss we had. Their clothing screams 70's, doesn't it? The only word that actually comes to mind now is........nasty.

Leif Garrett was another heart stopper for us. I laugh when I look at him now........what were we thinking? He looks like a girl. Notice the personalization on the top of the pix......Tiger Beat was awesome. Ok, I need to stop laughing now...........................:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is Shawn Cassidy? Oh and I loooved Donnie Osmond.

Anonymous said...

You were called pre-teen. And much to my amusement, your hair didn't look much better. I noticed you didn't put your pic out there for the world to see!! LOL
XO Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah, totally conjuring up memories of my baby blue satin jacket with Shawn Cassidy on the back!!

missy said...

OMG...we heart the jo bros! :) seriously, how was the movie. i need to take emmie. she's partial to nick. i was an andy gibb girl. maybe that's why i keep jack's hair the style i do...it's very andy gibb-esque.

Anonymous said...

Come on people!!
the Jonas Bros are waay better than those oldies
I mean seriously...take a look at them then look at the Jonas
Bros...whos cuter in 2009, think about it guys???
By the way the movie was awesome it felt like we were on stage with them!!!!

Kalen and Hannah-The Jonas Lovers!!!

missy said...

a) i assume it's at the grand and
b) where is that fun picture of them from? of course, em is interested in one of her own.

Amy said...

You are right....Leif Garrett does look like a girl and a pretty one at that!