Friday, April 17, 2009

Allergies--Oh How I Hate Thee



It has become painfully obvious that allergy season is here. I have had a headache for about two weeks now accompanied by the ever popular itching eyes. I think I would rather just sneeze than have all of that sinus pressure. But I don't, I just have drainage down my throat and awful sinus headaches which on occasion spur on a migraine, which happened twice this week.

I have been so anxious for spring, and what has it gotten me? I know, I expect the allergies to accompany spring, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I have suffered with this for as long as I can remember. I have tried so many drugs I am weary of all of the side effects. Sometimes they are worse than the allergies themselves. So, I am ready to try something else. This...........




I have had this done before, but never went through with the next part, which is this......


I am finally ready to try this option. I know it may not be a fun process, but it has to be better than feeling the way I do. Today when I got home from work, I took a two hour nap. Don't envy me, please!! It is because my sinus cavity is so swollen, I feel miserable. And, don't say, "Well. take something!!" I hate all of the drugs, they either don't work or they put you to sleep, and I hate to feel drowsy from meds. I mean, I have to function!!! I'm a MOM for crying out loud with a family that all look at me with the same look on their faces......"What's for dinner?" And.... " I don't have any clean underwear."

Ok, thanks for enduring my temper tantrum. I hate allergies!!!!!

3 comments:

missy said...

i am so sorry. i have heard of those allergy tests and they seem like they are from the devil. but i hope you can find some relief. many people love spring...you may not feel the same, huh?

Mindee said...

You must be truly miserable because just the pictures scare me!

Amy said...

Those allergies are such a bummer! I took allergy shots my entire childhood. Okay...maybe not entire, but I recall doing it once a week from 2nd grade through 8th. I would walk home with a friend, Denise, who also had allergies and asthma and we would get our shots together. I had one and she always had to get two. I always felt lucky since she had it worse than me.

I guess those shots must have helped because I don't suffer much from spring time allergies...nothing like you! I think the fall is far worse for me because of the ragweed.

Well...whatever you do, I hope it helps! Feeling impacted by seasonal allergies makes for long dreaded weeks ahead!