This weekend was a whirlwind of activity at our church. We have been meeting in our gym for Sunday services for 20 weeks while our sanctuary was enlarged and a whole new fellowship area was added. Dave and our friend Bill have been setting up and tearing down the sound system every weekend while this project has been going on. It has been an enormous amount of work. Next Sunday will be our first Sunday in the new worship center, so yesterday was the move-in and cleaning day. The picture below is Dave at his makeshift sound booth in the gym for the last time. He is sooooo glad for this 20 weeks to be done.

Here is Dave in his new sound booth. It is three times the size of the old one. It will be much easier fitting in sound, power point and video tech people back here.
Joey and I put considerable time in this weekend helping with various things Dave needed done down there. Although, he and I could not touch the hours Dave put in this weekend. I counted 30 hours of work just on Saturday and Sunday. Wow, and he isn't even done yet. Here is the shelves Joe and I put together for sound equipment. They had me mumbling some unkind words under my breath. They were not fun to put together. Joey and I were about to throw them out the loft window into the sanctuary, but thankfully they finally decided to cooperate. 
Here is the new stage with built in video screens on either side. Dave had a huge hand in the design and install of this project.

Awesome Job, Dave!!!!



3 comments:
The church is SO blessed to have you and so am I!!!
love, your MIL
Kuddos to Dave for a job well-done! Your church is lucky to have such active members as yourselves!
If it sounds as good as it looks then it must be tremendous.
Post a Comment