Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Living & Breathing Baseball


It's the time of year when we spend alot of time at the baseball field watching #5 and his teammates battle the heat and the opponent of the night. They're not the best team in the league, but they are pulling off some great wins this year and holding their own. I believe part of this is due to the new assistant coach, whose name just happens to be Joey. Coach Joey is a young guy who spent some time playing in the major leagues as a pitcher until he had a career ending injury to his shoulder. He is fantastic!!

Joey usually plays short-stop, and plays well in that position. However, Coach Joey has encouraged him to try pitching. Apparently, he thinks Joey has potential on the mound. Coach likes his form and says he just needs a little work. So, Joey trusted him and has been pitching regularly. I must say he is doing pretty well. There is nothing better than watching your son strike a batter out. Yeah, Joey!!

I will take some pictures of him pitching so you can see. For now, here he is in the batter's box ready to give the baseball a ride. His hitting has improved leaps and bounds from last year, which makes the game alot more fun.
This week, Dave is busy with VBS at our church and is missing the games. Jessi is going to VBS with him, which leaves Hannah and I to cheer Joe on. After the games, we have been booking it home to watch the College World Series on ESPN. Like I said, living and breathing baseball, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'd love to catch one of Joey's games with Tyler. Can you send me a couple games that are coming up? Between Madison's ballgames and Tyler's, I can't guarantee we will see one. That's what we are doing tonight and tomorrow night!

Mindee said...

Y'all are nuts! :)