The Suburban in the garage is beginning to call us. It's almost time to load up and get on the road. I am not even close to being ready, but I am sure I will be come 4:00 am Saturday morning. Oh yeah, didn't I tell you that is the designated time of our departure. We have decided to make a big push on the first day so that the second day will be a relatively short day of driving and put us in Magic Kingdom by 4:30 Sunday afternoon.
We have reservations to go to a character breakfast Monday morning....late Monday morning. (We figure we will want to sleep in Monday) We had a hard time deciding which character breakfast to do. In the end we made reservations to go to the Polynesian Resort and dine with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. Last time we ate at Chef Mickey's with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Fun time. Even though the kids are older, it is something that can be enjoyed by any age. Besides that we have no real agenda while we are at the "World", just ride lots of rides, take in a few shows, a couple parades, laugh and thoroughly enjoy hanging out as a family.
But, come Friday we'll be ready to take a break from that chaos and head to Daytona Beach. Of course, we'll go to the beach, but the real reason is that much anticipated drive on Daytona International Speedway. Dave has so many wavers he has to sign to experience his dream, that it could make a person think they were doing something dangerous. I am excited to be a Nascar wife for a couple of hours. I'll have the kids take a picture of me in my short term role.
This summer has not been the best summer for us, and we would like so much to end it on a happy note. I can't think of a better way.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am excited to hear all of the details of this vacation! Sounds fabulous!
You're going to have a blast. I want lots of pictures of your tweens and teen with Disney characters. Put them on facebook!
Looking forward to all the details and pictures! HAVE FUN!!
Post a Comment