Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just One More



Dear Kevin, Joe & Nick,

I know, I know you're getting weary of these letters from me. But, I couldn't help it, I had to write to you one more time and let you know what we thought of the concert. Aren't you curious? Yeah, I thought you might be.

This time I am enclosing a few pictures for fun. Here we are before the concert, all pumped for the show.

What do you think? One big happy family, huh? Yeah, we're pretty cool once you get to know us.


Here are the kids after we found our seats. Hannah, the one on the left, is the real reason we were at the concert. She thinks you are the best band to have ever rocked the stage. Yeah, she has her head in the clouds when it comes to you Jonas boys.




Here is a view of the stage from where we were sitting. Even though they weren't the best seats in the house, they weren't bad, and all in all we were pleased with our view. We liked the three tiered stage set-up, and the very cool lighting effects. We especially liked the foam guns and the fabulous rain effect when you sang one of my favorite songs, Love bug. That was SOOO cool!!


Here we are..... the parents..... the money tree..... the reason there were a couple more screaming girls that night. I especially loved that you took the time to recognize this fact and sing a song for us parents. I love Neil Diamond, and you guys sang Sweet Caroline divinely.


I enclosed this picture of the three of you because I thought you might want a shot of yourselves from section 206, row 3, of the Qwest Center. :) Your part of the show was great. I loved the brass and strings that you include in your songs. And, Nick playing the white baby grand....wow. It was tremendous. The whole thing was very entertaining. But, regrettably I have one complaint, which is the reason we left a bit disappointed.

This................



And, this.......
And this...........



Alright, here is where I have to get frank. Three opening acts? Three? THREE???!!!! From scanning the crowd that night, I know that the majority of the people there were just like us, middle class America. What we paid for those tickets was certainly not pocket change. And, every single one us were paying to see you. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand opening acts, and I also understand that you are trying to promote your brand new record label. But the fact that you had three opening acts, definitely effected the length of your performance. I know for a fact that in your '08 tour, you played alot longer. That is sorely disappointing for the fans and the parents of the fans who buy the tickets. We felt a little cheated.


I don't want to end this letter on a sour note, but I hope that you will never forget where you came from. And, that once upon a time.......you were just like us.


Sincerely,

Mom of a Big Fan

1 comment:

Amy said...

What?! I did not hear that they had three opening acts. I heard a grandmother at Madison's ball game tell me how awesome it was and the special stage effects were remarkable. But three? Has that ever been done before for a concert?

Well...glad you had a good time otherwise. You all looked cute and ready for some fun!