Monday, October 12, 2009

A Brush With the King

Preface:
I am in my pink fuzzy jammies and robe curled up on my new couch (more about that later) and needing to catch up on a few blog posts. Hopefully, I won't fall asleep. :) I think I finally have a house full of healthy people and my stress level is on the downhill slide. After 5 weeks of virus's, strep throat, fevers, and walking pneumonia, I am DONE with sitting in the doctor's office and nursing sick kids. I deserve healthy, right? Well, let's just say I am thankful for a healthy family after what we have been through in the last month. Ok, now onto my post:


Dave and Joey went to Eagle Raceway the weekend before last for the express purpose of trying to meet Richard Petty. He was scheduled to be there along with a few other Nascar celebrities for a lottery style meet and greet session. It worked something like this. First you had to pay for a ticket to the races that evening, then you had to buy a second ticket to get in the autograph line. You could not choose which Nascar "great"you would meet. Each autograph ticket holder got to draw a name and that was the autograph line you entered.

Now, of course, Dave took his picture from his Petty Driving Experience, thinking it would be so cool to have Richard Petty's signature on it. This would all turn out with a fairytale ending as long as he drew Petty. It would have been an incredible bummer to have drawn Michael Waltrip or Bobby LaBonte. Well, I would have liked Labonte, but Dave was on a mission. So, he bought tickets for both him and Joey, to increase the odds and lo and behold.......they BOTH drew the "King". They stood in line with many redneck Nascar fans who, according to Joey, all together probably had a full set of teeth. They all stood in unison when Richard exited his bus, and yelled, "It's the KING!" Oh, if I had been there, I would have been on the ground rolling in laughter, either that or scared. LOL


In the end, they had a true "Boys Night Out". One the girls and I would not have enjoyed, but they did immensely. And most importantly, they have memories that will last a lifetime. I love that.

2 comments:

Mindee said...

I am SO GLAD that I am not a boy. But good for them!

Peggi said...

Long live the "King"!!!
(I actually thought that was Elvis)