Sunday, October 18, 2009

It Starts......Again

Well, finish one thing and start another, the cycle just continues to repeat itself. And, slowly my house gets dirtier, my laundry pile gets bigger, and I stretch myself a little thinner.
The girls wanted to try out for parts in our church Christmas musical and were thrilled to make it. So, we finished volleyball season yesterday. We finish a very long football season on Thursday and now we enter into musical practices, which started today.
As I sat in the back of the sanctuary today while the girls practiced, taking in the schedule of practices, and making a grocery list for the week, I was approached twice with inquiries for help. TWICE! Once by someone trying to get me to take a part in the musical, because "you're going to be here anyway". And a second time by the director asking me to be his secretary and keep him on track during this whole crazy time. I should have been one of the parents who just dropped their kids off and left. LOL I told the director I would pray about it. So stay tuned to see if my life is about to get even fuller.........

4 comments:

Amy said...

Do you ever think..."What will I do in twenty years from now?" I know I'll have a ton of free time and I'll miss these crazy, hectic years with kids. Don't ya think?

missy said...

good answer to the director. i'm sure it would be fun to experience that with your kids and it might be the thing to do, but i find my spur of the moment answer is almost always "yes" and i can end up really regretting it! there can be such a beauty in saying "no". i know you'll make the right decision after praying. i thought the title of your post was going to be that you were going thru another cycle of sickness. so glad that's not the case!

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Ugh. This stage of life feels like a treadmill with some mean person running it who keeps upping the speed!

Michelle said...

You give so much to others. But, take time to do something for yourself...and that might be giving yourself the gift of time. I love you!!