I consider myself to be a very honest and open person, sometimes to a fault. So, if you happen to pass by me on any given day and ask me how I am doing, you will get an honest answer. If it's not great, I'll have no qualms telling you the truth. It might be a smile and a "Great"answer, or it might be a "Surviving" answer. Either way, it's the truth. And it will be up to you if you want to inquire further. OK, so yesterday I thought I was doing, "Great", no issues that had gotten me down, no PMS, no frustration lurking just below the surface. Until.........I drove into the McDonald's drive-through to get Hannah a quick lunch on the way to her dance rehearsal. Something happened to me in that drive-through that I thought would NEVER happen to me. Something so pathetic, so "crazy woman in a mini-van" I am ashamed to admit it. But, I will for the sake of the rest of you women out there to be able to compare themselves to me on their worst day and still realize, "Hey, at least I didn't do that."
We were in one of those double drive-through lanes that divide to give your order and then converge once again to pay and get your food. The line was hung up for some reason or other, and I was clearly the next in line to pull ahead and pay. When the lady on the other lane shoved her car in front of mine. She thought she might get away with it......she thought wrong. I proceeded to yell out of my window to get her attention....HEY! HEY! After I got her attention I proceeded to yell out of my mini-van window at her for her rudeness. The story goes a bit further, but I'll stop the tale. It just gets more pathetic. :( Who snaps in a drive-through? How much more trivial and pathetic can I be?
What happened to the person I have always been? Mild mannered, non-confrontational, kind, thoughtful. The whole time Hannah sat and said not a word. However, about 10 minutes after we arrived home, Jessi came up to me and quietly asked, "Mom, are you OK?"
"I'm fine, honey, why?"
"Hannah said you yelled at a lady in the McDonald's drive-through."
So, much for being a good role model for your children. I can never post about strange people that try and talk to me at Wal-mart anymore...............'cause I AM one of them. :)
BTW, Joey is claiming responsibility for it. According to him, I am so used to yelling at him all the time that it is now spilling over onto others. Funny son!
On a side note, Joey is having trouble getting into see his geometry teacher before school even though he has a pass. I told him I would remedy it quickly on Monday morning. He is absolutely refusing to let me come near the front door of the high school..............I can't understand why. :)
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Oh, Tracey...you are pulling an "Andy". I witnessed my husband at the same McDonald's you are talking about do a similiar thing. That second drive-thru is open to the west side and we've seen people just pull into that second slot with a stream of cars behind them. They just cut in line, not even considering there are six other cars that are in the flow. One would have to be crazy to not notice, but they do it anyway. We were about four cars back when a car did this. Andy jumped out of our van and walked over to this car and let them have it. Really! I kid you not. The car then drove away and Andy got an applause from others in line. Quite the sight! So, if you ever need someone with you at McDonald's to witness, I'll go. I've seen more madness than you could ever do! Ha, ha!
I am surprised Hannah didn't hit the floor or jump out of the car!
Isn't it funny what sets us off? Ah well, better to take it out on strangers at McDonald's who are asking for it, than your kids. :)
You are so not alone in this. I have those moments and feel sorry for the people who are in the way when I blow :)Usually it has nothing to do with them or the moment.
I could imagine you or Michelle sitting on the floor-board if I had done that!! But like I told Joey.......you, Tracey have come a long way!! Welcome to the B---- Girl club=)
still love you! Mom
HaHaHaHaHa.....I'm laughing so hard...must catch my breath.....HAHAHAHAHA......would have LOVED to have been there!!!
That's too funny!!! You know, next time, just let them pull ahead... that's what I did and then McDs screwed up the order and gave me mine for free. LOL
Post a Comment