I am missing Mikey again......sigh. He was the quirkiest dog I've ever known, but he had the biggest personality of any dog I've ever known, and that's what was so endearing about him. So, I found this quote from John Grogan, the man who wrote Marley & Me. I could relate.
"A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things - a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight."
I love the "nap in a shaft of....sunlight" part. It reminds me of the naps I took on the couch. Mikey would sneak up when he thought I was asleep, jump up on the couch, (he knew that was a no-no) and curl up on top of my feet.................
You all know it won't be long, don't you? :)
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yep - you need another one. AFTER the holidays!
Re-read the above comment.............
Post a Comment