Friday, November 20, 2009

Nice & Fit....Feelin' Fine

I really want to be fit. You know, in shape, fit, trim, "wow, she looks great", "how do you do it? I am so jealous". That's the kind of fit I want to be. But, somehow, it never quite works out for me. Mostly because, I really don't like to exercise and any fitness plan I try fails miserably for lack of effort. Well, no more. I am absolutely determined this time, with a capital "D". So, I have revamped my walking effort and it is going well. I am shooting for about 1 1/2 miles at least 5 days a week. I plan to increase the distance, but I am trying to give myself a do-able schedule to begin with, so I set myself up to succeed and not fail.
I wanted to add some weight training to it, and have settled on a couple of DVD's I tried and then bought called Tight on Time. These DVD's have several 10 minute workouts with weights. I LOVE them!! I can fit these into my walking schedule and get some weight training in. I have been squeezing them in while I am cooking dinner or just after dinner while the kids do the dishes. 10 Minutes! I mean, I can fit in 10 minutes and when I have a little extra time, I just do two of the workouts. There are about 6 different workouts targeting different muscle groups.
If you are a regular exerciser, then truly, I admire you. I hope to join you in your "fit women club" soon. But, until then I could use a little encouragement. I need it, especially as it gets colder, and walking outside gets unbearable for me. I am a wimp in the cold weather. Then it's going to be workouts on the treadmill. Ugh!

2 comments:

Mindee said...

I already think, "Wow, she looks great!"
Fitness is a great goal though - good for you!

Michelle said...

I'm with Mindee on this...you look mah.va.lous!! But exercise is healthy so you go girl!