Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Obsessed

I obsess this time of year like no other. It is truly pathetic.....really. Right now I am obsessed with finishing my Christmas shopping this week. In fact, tomorrow night ought to do it. I was feeling pretty good about it until someone at work told me they had their gifts bought, wrapped and under the tree. UGH! I wanted to hit her. :)
I also obsess over writing my Christmas letter (it must be creative, you know), and this year I threw in a new twist by creating photo cards. Yeah, more obsessing. Which photos to choose, and then which card design. From there we move into obsessing how many to send out and to whom.
When I'm done obsessing about that I can move into obsessing over buying the perfect gift for absolutely everyone on my list. Impossible! When will I ever learn that?
After that I can go back and obsess over the Christmas budget. Did I get the best deals?
And then, I can move right into obsessing over my baking list. What shall I bake? What new and festive cookie can I try? The problem is they never turn out like the picture. :(
Finally, when I am utterly exhausted from my holiday obsessing, I can obsess about how dirty and messy my house is because I have been too busy obsessing about everything else. SIGH
Breathe in................Breathe out.
Believe it or not I could come up with a few more, but I am exhausted. :)

3 comments:

Mindee said...

I have not yet begun to shop. Does that help? And we should get together for a baking day. That would make it more fun. :)

Peggi said...

And don't forget to get ready for our "surprise"! (ie water dish, small bed, collar.....OH I've said too much)
love, Mom XO

Michelle said...

Mom, are you giving one of your cats to Tracey? HeeHee!