I finally got all of my Christmas decorating done after a week went by with my living room littered with green and red storage tubs. It'll feel even better after I run the vacuum over the living room carpet, but that's going to wait until tomorrow. Right now I am sitting in the middle of all the festive decorations curled up on my new comfy leather couch with a cup of chai. I bought this wonderful smelling scented oil burner from Bath & Body Works that my sister-in-law told me about. It's wintery pine scent is wafting through the air. I have a football game on TV and no one is challenging me for the remote. At this moment it couldn't get much better for me. I am a simple soul after all.
Dave and the girls are at play practice. I let Joey have a friend over and they're busy downstairs with a video game. The sound of their playful banter is a sound I will miss someday when the kids are all grown with families of their own, but for now I'll enjoy every minute. God has been so gracious to me.
I am about done with my gift buying. I need to start wrapping all of them. Tonight as I sit here I remember God's perfect gift to us, wrapped in swaddling cloths. And, as I reflect on His gracious blessings toward me, I am reminded of this:
"Every good and perfect gift comes from above..." James 1:17



4 comments:
your decorating and your shopping done...good for you. me? notsomuch. it sounds like you had a very nice, relaxing evening!
Ahh, I can feel the relaxation seeping from your post. I've got two ninjas fighting in the living room so I need some of that right now!
I love your Christmasy banner pic. I hope that's your Christmas card too because it's so good of all of them!
Your house looks so festive! What a great time of the year!
Post a Comment