Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Back

My hiatus is over and I am back punching the keys on my computer. Time to blog again, don't you think? My trip was great! The weather was tremendous and I think I could have stayed a couple of more days. Especially since the weather here is so miserable. When was the sun last seen around here? Has it been two weeks? Miserable!! I dare say this is the most miserable winter I can ever remember.
Back to my trip.....I hate to say too much about how beautiful the weather was out there to anyone around, since I could put myself in the position of getting a black eye. :) Everyone out here is getting irritable and depressed with the lack of sunshine. I tried to come up with a way to bottle it up and bring it back, but alas, it wouldn't work. :)
I enjoyed reconnecting with family I rarely see, and spending time with my Grandpa. Took in a day at Disneyland. I actually broke my sunglasses on Tower of Terror and the sun was so bright I had to buy a pair to replace them in a gift shop to get me through the day. Sun, glorious sun! I even reveled in the sunburn I got that day. Hate me yet???
I lost my camera on the way out there, or so I thought. It reappeared on the way home. Boy, I was mad. That's why I have no pictures to post. I had to buy a couple of disposable cameras, and have to wait to get them developed. With any luck, I will have pictures the first of next week to post.
Until later....

2 comments:

Mindee said...

Because I like you, I am pleased for you and your sunshine. Boy that sounds heavenly.

Amy said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip and got to spend time with Grandpa! Their sunshine sounds fabulous!

I saw the sun briefly last weekend in McCook where it got to 64 degrees. Weird how one end of the state is so different than the other!

Sorry to hear about the camera situation. I couldn't live without one! I'd just gone buck wild and bought a new one! I am camera crazy! :)